Job Description: Development Director – Part Time
The Development Director is a part-time (up to 25 hours per week), flexible, managerial position reporting to the Presidents and Executive Committee of the Claremont Educational Foundation (CEF). The Development Director is a leadership position of the Foundation, and supervises the day-to-day activities of the Administrative Coordinator and may supervise the effort of volunteers.
The Development Director is responsible for driving the overall fundraising efforts including securing new income and developing strategic donor relationships, under the direction of the President, Past President, President Elect, and select committee chairs. Responsibilities are but not necessarily limited to:
- Strategies and Tactics – together with the Board, conceive and implement a broad range of fundraising programs designed to increase funds available to support the Foundation’s grant-making, administration and program goals. These include but are not limited to:
- Individual Donor Program — identify, solicit and steward annual donors of $365+ contributions and cultivating major gift donors.
- The Business Partner Program – secure new and returning support from local businesses and professionals.
- Direct Mail – work with Administrative Coordinator and Fundraising and Communications Committees to write, design and mail our direct appeals in fall and spring.
- Key Events – In collaboration with committee chairs, plan and execute fundraising and community awareness events. Seek out and secure sponsorships for events.
- The Prius Raffle – support the Prius Raffle Committee and its chair with a successful Prius Raffle ticket sales effort and event each spring.
- Seek out additional funding and external grants.
- Office Systems and Procedures – supervises the general activities of the Foundation’s office, including:
- Gifts – manage systems and practices to ensure that donations are properly recorded, acknowledged and stewarded.
- Organizational Communications – oversee staff roles in the processes related to communications such as telephone, email, print mail, website and social media.
- Finances – in coordination with the Foundation’s Finance Committee, supervise the Administrative Coordinator’s work with financial matters such as making deposits, accounts receivable and account payable activity, as well as supporting annual tax filing requirements.
- BA or equivalent
- Passion for public education
- Knowledge of Claremont and surrounding communities
- 1+ years in Development with direct experience soliciting donors
- Non-profit experience strongly preferred
Additional duties as assigned.
Position open until filled. Compensation up to $22/hour based on experience and qualifications. CEF is an equal-opportunity employer. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume indicating your interest in and qualifications for the position along with three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org