SLICE Administrator (Paid, Part-Time)
Part-time for 10 months. Estimated time commitment, up to: 10 weekly hours January-May, 20-40 weekly hours June-August, and 10 weekly hours September-October.
CEF’s SLICE of Summer program serves Claremont and K-12 students from surrounding cities. Our SLICE program is a revenue-generating arm of the foundation which provides enrichment and academic offerings, as well as practical workshops. The SLICE Administrator is responsible for overall management and administration of CEF SLICE educational programming in alignment with the philosophy and objectives established by the CEF Board. CEF SLICE includes creative partnership programs with other educational organizations including currently but not limited to Galileo Camps, CGU, University of La Verne, as well as limited stand-alone enrichment classes, all of which are intended to generate revenue to meet CEF’s ongoing fundraising goals for the benefit of the Claremont Unified School District.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Together with the SLICE Committee and Program Liaisons, define annual goals and strategy for SLICE programming
- Contract with partners to develop/enhance mutually beneficial educational programming that return a profit to CEF
- Conduct market analysis to identify new niche or high-demand enrichment opportunities for SLICE Enrichment programming that return a profit to CEF
- Coordinate with Claremont Unified School District staff to secure facilities use permit, use of supplies and equipment as well as scheduled maintenance for the duration of the summer program
- Manage all administrative functions of programming, including timely and accurate communication with partners, teachers, parents and Board, as well as financial tracking and reporting
- Manage enrollment, scheduling, hiring, class execution and evaluation of all SLICE programs
- Hire and supervise teachers for SLICE programs
- Prepare budget for approval, manage budget and purchasing for SLICE programs as necessary
- Work as daily on-site Administrator for all SLICE programs during 6 week summer sessions
- Prepare annual written report(s) for each partnership and program
- Oversee the SLICE marketing and outreach efforts in coordination with the SLICE Committee and/or Program Liaisons
- establish a timeline of marketing and outreach activities
- coordinate a social media presence in collaboration with the Communications Committee
- represent SLICE at community events to raise awareness and promote enrollment
- arrange district publicity (all calls, flyers, emails, texts)
- prepare cost-effective advertisements for the larger community (i.e., newspaper, flyers, postcards)
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local codes, regulations and ordinances as they apply to CEF
- Advise members of the CEF SLICE committee and Board, as appropriate, on the following:
- status of program finances, budget, and expected revenue
- condition of facilities
- personnel issues
- outdated or inappropriate program policies
- relevant laws, codes, and regulations governing program operations
- Other duties related to planning, administration, and execution of SLICE programming as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
- Frequently required to sit; occasionally required to stand and walk
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- Occasionally required to bend, twist, or climb
- Moderate concentration/intensity, which includes prolonged mental effort with limited opportunity for breaks
- Moderate level of complexity for decision making. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Degree from a four-year college or university
- Preference given to candidates who have experience working with students in a school setting
- Teaching Credential preferred
- Administrative Credential preferred or some administrative experience in school setting
- Experience with summer school programming and administration preferred
- Experience with budgeting and delivering projects on time and on budget
- Passion for education and enrichment of school-aged children
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Self-directed and ability to work independently while maintaining good communication with the SLICE Committee, CEF Board and Program Liaisons
$22 – $23/hr, commensurate with experience
Email email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and references.
Calling All Volunteers (Ongoing)!
Are you looking for opportunities to be of service to your community? Claremont Educational Foundation is looking for community members to join our Volunteer Committee and Student Volunteer Committee! We are looking for high school and college students, parents, seniors, community members, and service groups who are interested in volunteering up to two hours per month, helping with our many events and programs. Student volunteers may be able to receive volunteer service hours, as needed.
Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Assist in activities and pass out flyers at the CEF table/booth at community events like Claremont Pie Festival, 4th of July at Memorial Park, Claremont Village Venture, and more!
- Be a guide at our Chocolate Walk
- Help with social media awarness campaigns for our events
- Assist in activities at our annual Family Coding Night
- Help with set up or clean up at any of our events and programs
- Deliver flyers, yard signs, or other items to businesses in Claremont
- Help with administrative tasks and mailings at CEF office
- Serve at our annual Chocolate Walk and Brews & Bros Craft Beer Festival
- Check-in registrants at our events and programs
To join the Claremont Educational Foundation Volunteer Committee, please send an email with your name, contact number, and the area(s) in which you would like to help to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking Board Members (Ongoing)!
Are you passionate about public education? Do you enjoy being of service to your community in a meaningful way? Do you want to be part of an organization that positively impacts the educational experiences of thousands of children each year? CEF is currently looking for volunteer board members with specific skills to fill key positions. Please contact email@example.com for details.
Skills we are currently looking for:
- Running fundraising events/galas or planning great parties
- WordPress programming and design